Sunday, May 26, 2013

Family Wedding Event

The house




.The wedding of my nephew today to his amazing bride Kristen came off with out a hitch and the venue at River Farm near George Washington's Mt. Vernon was stunning.  Interestingly enough, River Farm was formerly owned by the grandfather of one of the boyfriend's clients.  We had the entire mansion and grounds to ourselves.  

Fortunately, after several days of far below normal temperatures, the weather was simply gorgeous.  Not a cloud in the sky, warm and sunny and a panoramic view out over the Potomac River.  It was seemly exquisite.   And it was so good to have all of my siblings and and my nieces and nephews in attendance, including my nephew who is in the Peace Corps in Panama.  I will post more photos tomorrow when I am not quite as "cocktailed."  I have posted some general shots. 


The tables set for dinner
Arbor behind where the ceremony took place
My nephew with his cousin's son

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems to have been the weekend for wonderful weddings! I posted one pic, since it wasn't family I felt like I shouldn't take the chance...of invading privacy since not everyone knows I'm gay (and very few - re: none - of the attendees of this wedding).

Peace <3
Jay