Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Proud Father's Wedding Reflections

All of the work in the yard and reception planning paid off and the wedding and reception went wonderfully well.  And the weather cooperated completely and was near perfect.   I think everyone had a great time and better yet all went smoothly with my former wife, her new husband and the former and new in-laws.  The food was great and the "white stars" - champagne, peach schnapps and a slice of peach - were a big hit.  The only regret I have is that being the hosts, I don't feel I had enough time to talk to anyone in particular as I tried to talk with everyone. I can't wait to see the photographer's full selection of photos.  The image above gives you a sampling of what her work is like.

This morning is feeling anti-climactic, but in a good way, the house is pretty much back to normal and I think it will be a day to be lazy and probably go chill at a friend's pool.  I'll post more later in the day.  Below are a few photos that we took with our camera.
The bride and her parents
The ceremony
My two daughters and new son-in-law

The new son-in-law
The Boyfriend with my children and me
The first dance


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a difference a few years make.

Glad all went well and you are all at peace with your new life.

O's and X's many times over.